In this assignment, you will first analyze how the market areas for specific chain stores change based on the type of store. Next, you will explore urban areas around the world, including their layout, size, and other factors. Finally, you will examine megacities and urban sprawl across the globe and their impacts.
- Identify and explain the spatial hierarchy of major chain stores in Houston, Texas.
- Analyze the range and market areas for coffee shops, fast food restaurants, home improvement stores, and luxury department stores.
- Locate urban areas and identify factors of urbanization.
- Identify the characteristics and examples of edge cities.
- Describe the scale of urbanization.
- Analyze environmental impacts and advantages of urban centers.