In this assignment, you will explore the patterns of cultural diffusion through linguistic and religious data. Next, you will explore the location and distribution of religiously sacred sites around the world. Then you will analyze the causes and chronological order of the Crusades between 1095 and 1204. You will also explore the geographic network of places and routes that made of the Underground Railroad during the U.S. Civil War. Finally, you will analyze the spatial patterns of Native American lands in 1819 and the decrease in size of those lands through the current Native American reservations.
- Analyze spatial diffusion patterns of languages and religions and to identify correlations between the two.
- Compare and contrast the locations of sacred sites related to Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam.
- Identify and explain where Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Sikhism originated.
- Describe the geographic and temporal extent of the Crusades.
- Identify the underlying causes and explain reasons why individuals joined the Crusades.
- Identify locations that were enslaved and free in the United States in 1850.
- Explain the role of distance, location, and networks with the Underground Railroad.
- Measure Native American land areas to evaluate land area change over time.
- Compute the percentage of Native American land that shifted from their original position to their current location.